[linux-cifs-client] CIFS VFS: Send error in read = -12

Noah Romer nromer at arcmailtech.com
Mon Jun 2 17:11:28 GMT 2008

On Monday 02 June 2008, Jeff Layton <jlayton at redhat.com> wrote:

> Almost everything is at 1, but there are a few other levels. Generally
> I just set it 7. It can get chatty though and can bog down the machine,
> so I wouldn't plan to run it that way for long. Ideally, you'll want to
> set it to 7 just before reproducing the problem and set it back to 0
> just after it occurs.

Ok. It takes several hours to reproduce the issue, but we get almost immediate
notification when it happens (it causes a monitored tar process on the Linux
side to bail out with a "file smaller than expected error").

--
Noah Romer <nromer at arcmailtech.com>
GPG Key Fingerprint: 944E C2F8 EBEC BCC7 EEA9  9381 1B21 0098 CC8D 45BA