[linux-cifs-client] Re: POSIX Create/Mkdir and Create Action

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 10 03:45:01 GMT 2007

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 02:02:35PM -0600, Steve French wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Allison wrote:
>>
> James, George - Eric (if you're on this list). Please let
> me know ASAP if you need this changing in the server code.
>
> Jeremy.

Don't we need one more thing in the POSIX Create/Mkdir/Open response?

In particular the CreateAction "FILE_CREATE" (not sure if the server
ever returns FILE_SUPERSEDE).

Are there CreateActions others that the client should care about?

The client pays attention to whether the file was created or opened e.g.
when the user asks us to overwrite the inodes default uid/gid with our
default uid/gid (although not the default mount option - it is allowed)
we need to know if the file is new.