[linux-cifs-client] MS-DFS pathnames.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jul 12 03:24:36 GMT 2006

Steve,

	I can't remember if CIFSFS does MS-DFS yet, but if it
does I've just found a bug in the server MS-DFS handling when
we're in POSIX pathnames mode.

In POSIX pathnames mode we don't translate '\\' to '/', but
leave it as-is ('\\' is a perfectly valid POSIX pathname
character) and the smbd server msdfs code was messing up
the DFS servername parsing in this case.

So even in POSIX mode clients need to remember to set
the DFS \\server\share\ part of the pathname using '\\'
characters, not '/' characters so the server DFS parser
can know it's got a DFS pathname.

This is wrong in 3.0.23 but I just fixed it in trunk
and SAMBA_3_0 branches so please test against that.

Thanks,

Jeremy