[linux-cifs-client] Bug in cifsfs POSIX locking client code.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jul 12 05:18:20 GMT 2006

Steve,

	I'm testing cifsfs using tdbtorture on a
current SAMBA_3_0 tree smbd mounted drive and it's
failing. It seems that you're not waiting long
enough for a blocking POSIX lock. I see in the
/var/log/messages things like :

Jul 11 21:56:44 linux kernel:  CIFS VFS: No response for cmd 50 mid 40847

When I trace that mid in the server, I find it's a
request for a lock that hasn't been freed yet - ie.
it *should* still be blocking.

When you issue a blocking POSIX fcntl lock it should
wait *forever* until the server responds to it. There
shouldn't be a timeout on this other than the connection
going down.

I'm looking in the current code but don't see where
you set timeouts for blocking locks yet....

Jeremy.