[linux-cifs-client] CIFS Input/output Error

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 30 13:13:07 GMT 2006

Thierry Delmot wrote:
> Hi Hari,
>
> I encounter a problem similar to what you described today.
>
> My observations:
> - Occurs when trying to mount a share from a WinXP/SP1 server to a linux client being FC5 with 2.6.15 kernel, samba v3.0.23a.
> - DOES NOT occurs when mounting a share from a WinXP/SP2 server to the same linux client.
> - Share security rules are identical on the two servers.
>
> It looks like Microsoft CIFS implementation changed a bit from SP1 to SP2 ?!?
>
> I hope it helps.
>
> BR,
>
> Thierry Delmot
>
> //

But  I have this problem on more linux machines of varying ages, one
running samba-2.0.6-7, another with samba-2.2.8a-107 and yet another
with samba-3.0.9-2.6. The XP machine this occurred with I'm pretty sure
is SP2.

So there doesn't seem to be any kind of generalisation I can make about
them.

hmmmm. strange.

Hari Sekhon