[linux-cifs-client] Re: Cifs module for 2.4

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 21 17:22:00 GMT 2006

> We're looking for an updated version of the linux cifs module for 2.4
kernels
16 out of the 21 files now build for 2.4 with the version that I checked
in today to svn (linux-converged-for-old-kernels branch of cifs client on
Samba.org) and git (on backlevel kernel port of cifs on kernel.org).

Your suggested port for cifsfs.c was large enough that it got me thinking
it would be easier to fork a cifsfs-24.c rather than adding that many
ifdefs (the diff -Nau was about eight pages IIRC).
I am also debating whether it is better to just wrap mempool alloc to slab
alloc rather than including the mempool code.  I am still looking way to
shrink the diff for the other four files, but it is not easy to see
anything much better.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com