[linux-cifs-client] Re: CIFS and suspend to ram.

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 14 16:20:41 GMT 2005

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com

Michel Van den Bergh <michel.vandenbergh at uhasselt.be> wrote on 09/12/2005
02:18:38 PM:

> Just a quick comment. I noticed that the version of CIFS which comes
> with Fedora core 3/4 blocks suspend to ram.
> Even worse: when you unmount the cifs volume the cifs deamon keeps
> lingering for a while, still blocking suspend.
That should be fixed in the cifs-git tree on kernel.org I have not pushed
it to mainline utnil it can be tested
and I was able to find opensuse ten has suspend support that seems to be ok
so I may be able to test it now better.  The changes were minor but are
somewhat different with the new calls added in recent kernels for suspend