[linux-cifs-client] More CIFS problems

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 12 18:43:43 GMT 2005

You may get additional useful information in dmesg output by enabling cifs
debugging messages.

      "echo 1 > /proc/fs/cifs/cifsFYI"

It does sound like you have an older version of mount.cifs although I doubt
that would matter (you can type /sbin/mount.cifs -V to see the version, you
probably would want at least version 1.5 of mount.cifs but I doubt that
that is your issue).   I did produce various versions of the cifs source
which would build on RHEL4 (2.6.9) and probably would build on your 2.6.8
as well and is available from the download page and may address the issue -
but without seeing more details it is hard to speculate.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com