[linux-cifs-client] CIFS "POSIX" ACLs over the wire and DosAttrib xattr

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 19 19:09:35 GMT 2004

Made a start today at adding support for CIFS Posix ACLs over the wire
and the 1st part is checked into bk://cifs.bkbits.net/linux-2.5cifs

Noticed that Samba 3 smbclient has a getfacl option which sends the new
level 0x204 (which Samba 3.0.9pre server rejected - need to check if
they are things I have to add to smb.conf for this).  Looks pretty
straightfoward to implement the rest of get in the cifs client so we
should be able to display the acls soon (not sure what I want to do with
cifs_permission yet though).

On the dos attrib front ... will probably also add support for the
Samba4 layout (forgot to check whehter Samba3 uses the same layout) of
the user.DosAttrib pseudo-xattr (simply returning info I already save in
the cifs specific part of the inode struct).   Also made "os2." prefix a
synoym for "user." prefix in xattrs (JFS displays xattrs from migrated
os/2 volumes with the os2. prefix) - I strip them (os2 and user) both
off before sending them to the server but am not planning on sending
requests for "user.DosAttrib" over the wire).