[linux-cifs-client] cifs mounted home directory problems

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Mon Dec 6 23:42:04 GMT 2004

>This is from evolution startup, with the error :
>"i/o error, not a directory
<snip>
> Seems to me, this might be the culprit: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_COLLISION

I think that is less likely root cause (ie not the reason for your
evolution failure).  The name collision appears to be the expected cifs
error of rename hitting an existing file and failing (in that case the
client has to compensate by calling t2 rename_open_file or delete then
retry rename if the file is not open).  The logs show the client deleted
the target file and the rename then succeeded.  My guess is that we have
to find out which file it wants to be a directory and then see if it in
fact is a directory on the server and see if we can match it to one of the
revalidate (lookup calls) we see in the log.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com