[linux-cifs-client] cifs mounted home directory problems

Hannes Kinnari hannes.kinnari at uwasa.fi
Tue Dec 7 01:17:27 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 17:42 -0600, Steven French wrote:
> > Seems to me, this might be the culprit:
> NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_COLLISION
>
> I think that is less likely root cause (ie not the reason for your
> evolution failure).

You are right - I didn't realize at first that the file evolution was
complaining about, wasn't even in that log. So I created another log,
that now contains the problem file. Strange thing is, the dmesg output
has some strange characters in it (character conversion problem or
dmesg's way of truncating long lines?)

http://www.uwasa.fi/~i80766/evo4.txt

The problem part is this:

fs/cifs/inode.c: Revalidate: \.camel_certs<messed up
characters>a:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa inode
0xd3b4b938

The actual path to that file is :

\.camel_certs\ba:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa

I left the first character b, as it will appear also in the log in its
correct format. I still have the full dmesg output here if I cut
something important out of that dmesg log.

Hopefully this tells something more of the problem :)

Cheers