[jcifs] Jcifs bug

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 20:48:33 MST 2015

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 10:40 PM, <Theodore_Hu at asus.com> wrote:

>  Dear jcifs team:
>
> I use the jcifs.jar on my Android app. And I have found a bug. When the
> device’ language is Turkish,it will throw a exception.
>

> DcerpcBinding.java
>
> void setOption(String key, Object val) throws DcerpcException {
>
> …..
>
> endpoint = val.toString().toLowerCase();//Here will cause a error. The
> character “I” of String “PIPE” will change to be a messy code And throw a
> exception.And this will cause the app can not get share folders.

Hi Theodore,

When reporting a problem that triggers an exception, it is customary to
post the full stack trace of the exception. Please post the stack trace.

However, I don't see whay the line in question would trigger any error. The
lowercase character for ASCII letter 'I' is always the ASCII letter 'i'
regardless of what locale the code runs under.