[jcifs] Error Running on JRE 1.4.2

Sean Merron ravenfrost at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 26 12:35:55 MDT 2011

Hello,

I downloaded the latest 1.3.16 version of JCIFS and developed a program to use
it. However, I'm receiving the error below when running the code on an AIX
server running Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2)
Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM AIX build ca142-20070708 (SR9) (JIT
enabed: jitc)).

The java class could not be loaded. java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
jcifs/smb/SmbFileInputStream (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

Can this version of JCIFS work with 1.4.2 or do I have to download the source
and recompile the code with 1.4.2? or download an older version of jcifs? The
code works fine on my machine running 1.6. Thanks