[jcifs] ntlmv2 vs ActiveDirectory

oxidm at centrum.sk oxidm at centrum.sk
Thu May 27 09:00:54 MDT 2010

Hi,
one of our clients demands NTLMv2 authentication against Active Directory so currently we are trying to find the best solution. We've come across jCifs but according to some infos, jCifs does not support NTLMv2 (only v1) against Domain Controller because of a way of computing required hash (NTLMv2 computes hash with the address of called server). Maybe, it's just misunderstanding so please correct me, if i'm wrong. Does anybody have valueable experience with using NTLMv2 against Active Directory?
Thanks
Martin