[jcifs] jcifs sso spengo kerberos question

De Metter Kenny kenny.demetter at colruyt.be
Thu May 27 08:31:47 MDT 2010

Hi,

I would like some more information regarding jcifs-krb5 :

At the moment , we are using jcifs in web application ,  to access files from
the user's home drive ( network share , unique for each user ) .

This is done by using the username and password with which the user was logged
on , and supplying this to jcifs , in order to access the network share.

However , we are now looking into Single Sign On , which means that our users
will no longer need to log on ( they will be authenticated with the windows
logon credentials , using SPNEGO ).

This means that the users will no longer type in there passwords , so the
regular way of using jcifs will not work anymore.

Is it possible to use jcifs-krb to achieve access to the network share , using
the windows credentials passed trough SSO ?
If so , can you provide some information on how this can be achieved ?

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Kenny,