[jcifs] JCIFS 1.3.8 java.net.SocketException: Connection timed out:could be due to invalid address

Steve_Rut sjrutkow at scj.com
Fri May 7 12:29:54 MDT 2010

Mike - I've been following this thread since we too are experiencing this
exact same issue. We are running JCIFS 1.3.8 on AIX 6.1 and accessing a Win
2003 share. Our LDAP user takes upwards of 10 minutes to display data while
a local user on the Win 2003 share displys nearly immediate.

Throughout this thread you imply something may be wrong on the AIX side:
>"You're just getting an uncommon response because the server is AIX."
>"Because the server is AIX, you're seeing an unusual error condition."
>"A wild guess is that the AIX side is just misconfigured."
>"the AIX server thinks your a DOS attach"

Are you suggesting something is amiss at the AIX OS Level or a faulty
configuration at the jCIFS client configuration?

Coould you suggest some areas where I could look at the AIX level to see
what may be misconfigured on the AIX Side?

Thanks,
Steve Rutkowski