[jcifs] What happened to the LsaLookupNames contribution?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu May 22 18:13:54 GMT 2008

Hi Giampaolo,

Sorry but I just don't have the time to integrate contributions (other
than serious bug fixes of course). All work on JCIFS is now by
contract only.

I have placed your patch in the patches directory (I thought I did before, mmm).

Regarding the implementation, I have not really looked at it so I
cannot comment. But from looking at your example usage I can say that
requiring the user to manage DCERPC and LSA handles directly is not
consistent with current practices.

Thanks for the contribution,
Mike

On 5/22/08, Giampaolo Tomassoni <Giampaolo at tomassoni.biz> wrote:
> In February 1st I sent a small patch contributing an
>  LsaLookupNames-equivalent functionality to the jcifs code.
>
>  I see that patch wasn't committed: I can't see it in either the package
>  version 1.2.19, the 1.2.20c one, nor in the http://jcifs.samba.org/src/src/
>  hierarchy. It isn't even in the "patches" page
>  (http://jcifs.samba.org/src/patches/).
>
>  Why? Was it suboptimal with respect to some jcifs development guideline?
>  Would you spare any suggestion to get it merged into the official package?
>
>  This way I would not need to be stuck with my own "patched" 1.2.17...
>
>  Thank you,

>  Giampaolo Tomassoni - I.T. Consultant
>  Piazza VIII Aprile 1948, 4
>  I-53043 Chiusi (SI) - Italy