[jcifs] Problem with auto login

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 16:42:14 GMT 2008

On 6/18/08, Robban <robin.hultman at nasdaqomx.com> wrote:

>  I have implented auto login with Seam as described in:
>  http://sdudzin.blogspot.com/2007/12/windows-sso-with-jboss-seam.html
>
>  with the difference that I use WINS:
>
>  <filter>
>         <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
>         <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
>         <init-param>
>                 <param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
>                 <param-value>ip1,ip2</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <init-param>
>             <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
>             <param-value>domain</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <init-param>
>             <param-name>jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility</param-name>
>             <param-value>3</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <init-param>
>             <param-name>jcifs.util.loglevel</param-name>
>             <param-value>4</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>     </filter>
>     <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
>         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>     </filter-mapping>

You should have a jcifs.smb.client.password parameter.

>  I am a complete newbie to this so please bear with me.
>
>  When I look at the log it seems like it authenticates me for every request,
>  is it supposed to do that?

Yes.

> I have an ajax suggestionbox which now causes
>  authentication for every key stroke.

That's not good. You might want to bypass the filter for that handler
(but be careful that you don't create a security hole).

>  Occasionally the authentication fails and the network login pops up and this
>  get written to the log:
>  NtlmHttpFilter: <DOMAIN>\<USER>: 0xC000006D: jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException:
>  Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Other people have reported this problem. I don't know what it is. It
could be misconfiguration (e.g. missing jcifs.smb.client.password
property) or it could be the "hiccup" bug reported some time ago.
Please try the jcifs-1.2.22c package in the download area. I recently
made a small change that could affect this behavior. Not sure.

Mike

>  And then I can just press ok and everything works fine till the network
>  login pops up again.
>
>  I would be most thankful for any help.
>
> --

PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO