[jcifs] Problem with auto login

Robban robin.hultman at nasdaqomx.com
Wed Jun 18 14:35:06 GMT 2008

I have implented auto login with Seam as described in:
http://sdudzin.blogspot.com/2007/12/windows-sso-with-jboss-seam.html

with the difference that I use WINS:

<filter>
        <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
        <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
        	<param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
        	<param-value>ip1,ip2</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
            <param-value>domain</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility</param-name>
            <param-value>3</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>jcifs.util.loglevel</param-name>
            <param-value>4</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

I am a complete newbie to this so please bear with me.

When I look at the log it seems like it authenticates me for every request,
is it supposed to do that? I have an ajax suggestionbox which now causes
authentication for every key stroke.

Occasionally the authentication fails and the network login pops up and this
get written to the log:
NtlmHttpFilter: <DOMAIN>\<USER>: 0xC000006D: jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException:
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

And then I can just press ok and everything works fine till the network
login pops up again.

I would be most thankful for any help.