[jcifs] Re: Inconsistent Integrated Windows Authentication

Munir chaganimunir at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 17 05:35:29 GMT 2008

Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I don't remember having issues with authentication failure, but we
> solved the "repeatedly asking" problem using this enhancement:
>
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2006-September/006562.html
>
> It's an extension of the filter that caches the Principal in the
> session rather than refetching it each request.
>
> On Jan 16, 2008 7:27 AM, Munir <chaganimunir <at> hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello every one,
> >
> > I am usin g JCIF 1.2.17 version. I am observing very abnormal behavior for
> > integrated windows authentication. Some times it do authenticate the user
but
> > some times it fails to authenticate the logged in user on the domain and
shows a
> > popup for login credentials. If we provide valid domain credentials for
> > authentication it repeatedly asks for credentials. Its very urgent. Can
any one
> > help ???
> >

> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Munir

Mike thnx for replying.
It is not exactly an issue with authentication failure. I am having an
inconsistent behavior some times it authenticate the user but some times it
doesnt. With JCIF 1.2.11 i havent got this pblm so far. Also kindly
elaborate "repeatedly asking" problem?

Thanks & Regards,
Munir