[jcifs] Multiple values for domain controller address??

Ghouse, Sherjeel Sherjeel.Ghouse at molex.com
Tue Oct 16 21:53:04 GMT 2007

There was discussion about this topic earlier also. It will be helpful if jCIFS can handle multiple values in jcifs.http.domainController web.xml property.
In our case, a WINS query is returning DCs with Japanese and European DCs on top. To my understanding jCIFS prefers DCs on top of the list. It will be inefficeint if application server sitting in US communicates with Japanese DCs for NTLM authentication.
Can jCIFS be enhanced to either support multiple values in jcifs.http.domainController property. Alternatively, we can add another property which helps jCIFS to filter the DC list ( example: DCs in a specific subnet)
Jcifs.domainController.filter=19.1.10.xxx

What other options do I have ? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sherjeel

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (including any attachments) may contain Molex confidential information, protected by law. If this message is confidential, forwarding it to individuals, other than those with a need to know, without the permission of the sender, is prohibited.

This message is also intended for a specific individual. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message or taking of any action based upon it, is strictly prohibited.

Chinese  Japanese

www.molex.com/confidentiality.html