[jcifs] SMB Transport Errors - java.lang.Throwable: at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:608)

Ghouse, Sherjeel Sherjeel.Ghouse at molex.com
Tue Oct 16 17:38:44 GMT 2007

Mike,

Unfortunately Weblogic didn't capture jcifs stdout logs.  What I meant by "fix to SMB Transport Errors" is the code ensures that the Transport is Timed out if the response is not received from AD within x number of seconds and the release notes of jcifs 1.2.7 says "If a transport was in error due to a connection timeout it could
remain in the error state indefinitely. This issue has been fixed."

For some reason jCIFS didn't timeout SMB Transports since I just found out from Data center that there were Network problems during application downtime. This has always worked for us except this time.

Sherjeel