[jcifs] NTLM Ajax POST

Jonathan Trumbull jonathan.trumbull at gmail.com
Tue May 16 20:58:31 GMT 2006

Mike,

What errors are you seeing in the log files and is it consistently doing
this?  I have observed this problem before intermittently with AJAX-type
posts.  It seemed to be much more of a problem if there were several rapid
asynchronous calls.  I believe the error was a
java.net.SocketTimeoutException.  What's interesting is that is also seemed
to cause the loading of normal embedded graphics to hiccup every so often.
In this case I was only using these calls to log mouse clicks on the page,
so I just moved this part of the application to a URL not protected by the
servlet filter. When I did this, even the previously mentioned hiccups with
the embedded graphics went away entirely.  I realize that not protecting
your AJAX resources might not be an option!  I have also seen the problem
(consistently) when the session timed out on the server, but this probably
isn't what's happening with you.

--Jonathan