[jcifs] NTLM Ajax POST

Mike Streeton mike.streeton at ardentia.co.uk
Tue May 16 17:56:40 GMT 2006

We are using the NTLM filter to handle our authentication. This works
fine, but we have an issue with Ajax calls. When using the POST method
e.g. request.open("POST", "myurl",true); causes the password box to be
displayed in IE (XP Pro SP 2), changing the "true" to false works, as I
understand "true" is send asynchronous and "false" is send synchronous.
Unfortunately "false" stop the application working in Firefox. Changing
the "POST" to get and encoding the parameters works okay? This is using
v1.2.7 of JCIFS

Any Ideas, Many Thanks

Mike

www.ardentia.com the home of NetSearch