[jcifs] jCIFS on OpenVMS 7.3-2?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Jul 13 16:22:31 GMT 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:56:31 -0400
<dave.mcneil at bell.ca> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have an OpenVMS 7.3-2 system with Java 1.4.2 (Java(TM) 2 Runtime
> Environment, Standard Edition ) and Apache/Tomcat 5.5.9.  I downloaded
> the jcifs_1.2.9.jar file and put it in
> Catalina_home:[common.lib]jcifs_1_2_9.jar.  When Tomcat starts up it
> complains thus:
>
> Jul 10, 2006 3:50:35 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig tldScanJar
> SEVERE: Exception processing JAR at resource path
> /kawc09$dra0/apache/jakarta/tomcat/common/lib/jcifs_1_2_9.jar in context
>
> java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
> [stack trace removed]
>
> It shows the same error for every application that it loads.
>
> So, I re-downloaded jar file and redeployed it with the same result.  I
> can execute " jar -tvf catalina_home:[common.lib]jcifs_1_2_9.jar" and I
> see all the classes that I expect, so I don't understand why Tomcat is
> complaining when it starts.
>
> I tried downloading the source to rebuild it, but when I enter "
> @ide$ant_home:ide_ant "jar" " it fails the dependency test, complaining
> that the Java Servlet API classes could not be found.  But I see them in
> Catalina_home:[common.lib]servlet-api.jar.

Add that jar to your classpath (or just temporarily copy it to the
directory in which your building the jar).

Or extract the jar and rebuild it with the local jar tool. It's probably
some kind of bug in the VM one of us is using.

> Does anyone here have jCIFS running on the OpenVMS 7.3-2 system?

I can't confirm that.

PHP Extension for SSO w/ Windows Group Authorization