[jcifs] Re: ACE Patch in 1.2.7

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sat Jan 28 22:30:08 GMT 2006

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 22:37:24 +0100
Thomas Bley <thomas.bley at simple-groupware.de> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I just looked at the ACE-Patch in 1.2.7 and succeeded in merging it.
> The ACE works pretty good (I tested WinXP and W2k3Sp1 [with
> Ad/Exchange], see screenshot).
> I've also written some small code to do an LDAP-lookup for translating
> the SIDs (about 30 lines).
> Since Samba4 will also have LDAP onboard I think it's a good way to
> resolve the SIDs this way when there is no other code available.
> Can the patch be added to the standard version? (After applying the

No. I don't have time to go through a stabilization cycle. We're pretty
much in maintainence mode only right now.

But don't let that stop you from posting patchs for new fixes. I
suspect someone will eventually produce a jcifs package with all the
new stuff like jcifs-ext did.

> patch I got problems with Input/OutputStream, maybe I patched somewhere
> wrong ...)

Someone posted the fix for this a month or two ago. If you find it,
fix it, and have 'diff' please post a revised patch to the list and I'll
replace it in the patches directory.

Thanks,