[jcifs] jCifs stops working.

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Jan 26 19:36:53 GMT 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:57:57 +0100
Marko.Krejic at corp.vodafone.se wrote:

Unless there's a compelling reason for doing otherwise the standard
config would be something like the following:

> <filter>
>         <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
>         <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
>
>         <init-param>
>                     <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
>                     <param-value>europolitan</param-value>
>                 </init-param>
>                 <init-param>
>                     <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.username</param-name>
>                     <param-value>preauthuser</param-value>
>                 </init-param>
>                 <init-param>
>                     <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.password</param-name>
>                     <param-value>preauthpass</param-value>
>                 </init-param>
>                 <init-param>
>                     <param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
>                     <param-value>172.16.21.160,172.16.21.82</param-value>
>                 </init-param>
>                 <init-param>
>                     <param-name>jcifs.util.loglevel</param-name>
>                     <param-value>2</param-value>
>                 </init-param>
>     </filter>

You specified both domain and domainController which are somewhat mutually
exclusive. Also, with a loglevel of 10 the filter might be slow. You
should not use a loglevel of more than 2 in a production environment
for extended periods.

The config you're using should work but I don't know what the problem is
and I can't tell from the information provided. Try the standard config
above. The username and password are optional if your domain controllers
do not require SMB signing (and it appears yours do not).