[jcifs] NtmlHTTPAuthentication Filter

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Jan 17 20:26:43 GMT 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:50:04 +0100
Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have long and successfully used JCifs in Version 0.9.6 and just now
> I wanted to switch to 1.1.7. The problem is, it does not work with my
> current configuration...
>
> I have submitted my filter-configuration in the web.xml file further
> below, this works perfectly with 0.9.6 and does not work with 1.1.7.
>
>     <filter>
>         <filter-name>NTLM HTTP Authentication Filter</filter-name>
>         <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
>         <init-param>
>           <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
>           <param-value>143.245.2.201</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>         <init-param>
>           <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
>           <param-value>OEKB</param-value>
>         </init-param>

I think what might be happening here is if you have both domainController
and domain jCIFS will try to use the domain property to lookup DCs. But to
lookup DCs using jcifs.smb.client.domain you need WINS.

This is kind of an error as it should be a valid combination to use domain
for credentials without WINS.

Can you specify WINS? Does that work?

Also, if you're using Basic authentication only you do not need the
domain,username,password for preauthentication credentials. That would also
solve your problem.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.