[jcifs] NtmlHTTPAuthentication Filter

Martin Marinschek martin.marinschek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 14:50:04 GMT 2005

Hi there,

I have long and successfully used JCifs in Version 0.9.6 and just now
I wanted to switch to 1.1.7. The problem is, it does not work with my
current configuration...

I have submitted my filter-configuration in the web.xml file further
below, this works perfectly with 0.9.6 and does not work with 1.1.7.

To be more precise, it works from some clients, but not from others
(we couldn't find out if it depended on a patch level or a subnet, but
e.g. from all local installations it would work, requests from the
Citrix installations would be blocked).

The blocking was done showing an IE failure page concluding with:

Failure: Server or DNS could not be found.
(German original: Fehler: Server oder DNS kann nicht gefunden werden)

- it looks as though the filter blocks for some reason several
clients, and not even asks them for an authentication, others are let
through as expected.

If I change the library back to the 0.9.6 version, all works perfect
again. With 1.1.4 I have the same problem as with 1.1.7.

Any suggestions from the experts?

regards,

Martin

    <filter>
        <filter-name>NTLM HTTP Authentication Filter</filter-name>
        <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
          <param-value>143.245.2.201</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
          <param-value>OEKB</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.username</param-name>
          <param-value>exmam</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.password</param-name>
          <param-value>xxx</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>jcifs.http.basicRealm</param-name>
          <param-value>OeKB</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>jcifs.util.loglevel</param-name>
          <param-value>3</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>jcifs.http.insecureBasic</param-name>
          <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>