[jcifs] Re: Iplanet and BEA WebLogic with jCifs filter

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Jan 17 20:19:40 GMT 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:54:22 +0100
"Doan, Thi-My-Chi" <thi-my-chi.doan at hp.com> wrote:

> Hi Marko,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I already put the filter into web.xml. But it's
> still not clear to me
>
> 1) how to tell WebLogic that the user is already authenticated and to
> assign the belonging principals to the user.
<snip>
> 2) Which login form are you using? I'm using:
>
> <login-config>
>     <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>

This doesn't sound like anything that has to do with JCIFS. If WebLogic has
it's own authentication infrastructure that you need to integrate with then
I think you should be investigating things on the WebLogic side. JCIFS does
not know anything about specific servlet conatiners.

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.