[jcifs] Problem with NTLM HTTP filter, upgrading: 0.7.15 to 1.1.0

Parke Jeff Parke.Jeff at PBGC.GOV
Tue Oct 26 13:22:35 GMT 2004

Indeed 0.7.15 is capable in the exact same environment.  I can swap
between the two jar files (0.7.15 and 0.1.10) and make no other changes
and it will go between working and not working (this is with the web.xml
filter configuration set to use jcifs.http.domainController, I've also
tried the wins/domain/username/password config).

Perhaps 0.7.15 has similar problems that just don't exhibit themselves
in the same way and so I don't know about it, but there are no errors,
no exceptions, no special log messages, if the domain server is down the
filter will fail, if it is up the filter will capture the domain
username of the remote host, etc.

I'll try hitting the configuration remotely instead of from localhost
and see if that makes a difference.... I just checked, it works if I hit
the application from another machine, that is, client and server on two
different boxes.  I believe Windows/IE knows not to involve a proxy when
hitting against localhost so I don't think that this is the problem.
Any other ideas?

Thank,
Jeff