[jcifs] Problem with NTLM HTTP filter, upgrading: 0.7.15 to 1.1.0

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Tue Oct 26 22:31:26 GMT 2004

Parke Jeff said:
> I'll try hitting the configuration remotely instead of from localhost
> and see if that makes a difference.... I just checked, it works if I hit
> the application from another machine, that is, client and server on two
> different boxes. I believe Windows/IE knows not to involve a proxy when
> hitting against localhost so I don't think that this is the problem.
> Any other ideas?

So it works? Does 1.1.0 work if the client and server are on two differnt
machines?

Jeff, I think you're going to have to look at the filter code and try to
figure out what's going on. Look at my description of the negotiation, add
some log messages to the filter, and try to figure out where it's failing.
It looked like the 3rd and final message wasn't reaching the filter. Then
look at the 0.7.15 filter and try to determine what difference could cause
the failure. For example we used to have

  resp.setHeader( "Connection", "close" );

in the else block that sends the initial SC_UNAUTHORIZED status because it
more closely emulated IIS. Something like that could have an undesireable
effect with your proxy configuration.

Otherwise, I'm really not in a great position to debug this.