[jcifs] Installing windows services

Srivatsan P psvatsan at yahoo.co.in
Fri Nov 26 15:36:25 GMT 2004

Hi,

I need to install/control Windows Services, access
Windows Registry from Linux using java.

On reading the previous mails in the mailing list
archives, I found that it is possible to do so using
jarapac, midlc, etc.

I am new to jcifs, jarapac & midlc.

I tried to install midlc in my RedHat Linux 8.

First I did a make of libmba (0.8.10) and then did a
'make install'
Then I tried to make midlc (0.5.1). But the header
files(mda/*.h) of libmba were not available to the
compiler and so it generated compilation error.
The README file for midlc says that libmba home needs
to be set in the Makefile's first line (I changed
prefix='libmba home dir').
Even then, the header files were not available to the
compiler.

So I moved the header files(mba/*.h)  to
/usr/include/mba/

Then I tried to make midlc again. I think all files
were compiled but I got the following error:

gcc -Wall -W -g -O2 -DMSGNO -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500
-D_DATADIR=\"/advent1/softwares/libmba//share/midlc\"
src/emit_hdr_c.o src/emit_svr_stub_c.o
src/emit_enc_java.o src/emit_dec_java.o
src/emit_stub_java.o src/preproc.o src/parse.o
src/sym.o src/tok.o -lmba -o midlc src/midlc.c
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmba
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [midlc] Error 1

Could someone tell the exact steps that are needed to
install Windows Services, access Windows Registry
using jarapac.

Thanks in Advance,
Srivatsan.