[jcifs] NTLM HTTP authentication with multiple domains

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Mar 11 07:23:47 GMT 2004

Charly said:

> But now I have the request/requirement that IE-clients from other
> domains must be authenticated. These other domains are in worst case
> untrusted.
>
> It seems for me the in jCIFS package are no means to configure more than
> one domain i.e. more than one domaincontroller from different domains.
> Is this true?

True. But the domain used is established and used within
NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter() so you could very easily modify it to permit the
domain to be specified within the HTTP request. Note there is no way to
"negotiate" which domain a user is in so you'll have to use a cookie or
similar to determine that the first time the user visits the site.