[jcifs] (no subject)

Juliana juliana at relevanz.com
Wed Feb 18 03:57:31 GMT 2004

Hi

I have an issue regarding the retrival of user name from workstation.
My main purpose is to use the user name to perform a check of whether the user is part of the Active Directory so that
a single signon can be performed to access the intranet system.

here is my scenerio:

logged on client                             application server
|-------------------------send request(url)------------------------> | (server activate servlet, get request host and
| <-------------CifsRemoteAdmin.getWorkstationInfo()--- |
| <-------------CifsRemoteAdmin.getUserName()-----------| (returns me an empty string here.)

after which the server connects successfully to the client, i do a CifsRemoteAdmin.getWorkstationInfo() to retrieve the
workstation information as well as the logged on username (by invoking the CifsWorkstationInfo.getUserName())

though i was able to get the logon domain and workstation name, the value returned to me after invoking the getUserName() is an empty string.

May I know if there are any walk around or other solution to this? or how can i get the logon username of the client anyway?