[jcifs] (no subject)

Eric eglass1 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 18 09:12:46 GMT 2004

This is the wrong JCIFS, apparently; a Google on CifsSessionManager
turns up Norbert Hranitzky's package:

     http://www.norbert.hranitzky.com/jcifs/jcifs.htm

Not familiar with that really, but it looks like an option might be
(our) NtlmHttpFilter; this provides NTLM authentication for servlets,
and gives you the remote username in getRemoteUser().

It looks like the approach you're taking (currently) is:

1) Client makes an anonymous connection to the servlet.
2) Servlet connects back to the client.
3) Servlet performs RAP calls to get the workstation and user
information from the client.

Again, I'm not familiar with the package so I can't give too much
clarifying information.  It may be that the client workstation requires
a specific privilege level to return the logged on username over RAP (a
lot of the RAP calls require local admin on the target box).

Eric