[jcifs] Re: Alert: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException with jcifs-1.1.3

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Dec 16 19:33:57 GMT 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:57:58 +0000 (UTC)
Johan Danforth <johandanforth at bredband.net> wrote:

> > Ok. Forget it.
> >
> > I think the query for the list of domain controllers is choking
> > (returning a list of size 0). I suspect something's overloaded. Like
> > your WINS server for instance. I'll add a fix that sticks with the old
> > list of DCs when that happends. Maybe you can try 1.1.5? Things have
> > really come a long way since 0.8.
>
> I'll do my best to try 1.1.5. We're talking about the intranet portal for
> a very, very large company here, and the managers aren't too happy about
> testing anything in the production environment at this stage :)
>
> I'm looking at a way to stress-test the portal using a large number of
> different windows accounts in our dev environment and I'll post here as
> soon as we're able to do somethin. Thanks Mike for the rapid answers and
> help.

Actually I really don't think it's the load in itself. The Filter is
used by a lot of people in large settings. I think it's something that
the filter relies on that is failing. For example if WINS returns a
list of DCs and then the next time returns and empty list that would
cause exactly the error you recieved. That shouldn't be able to happen
and I can fix that but I'm not certain just stress testing with a lot
of clients is going to yield the results you're looking for.

When I apply the fix for 1.1.5 I recommend just running that in production
as the particular error you received will not be possible.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.