[jcifs] jCIFS can't contact LMB when on same machine as LMB?

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sat Dec 11 08:31:46 GMT 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:33:36 +0000 (UTC)
Kerry Kopp <kerryk at gmail.com> wrote:

> - running "ls" in SmbShell also fails with the same type of error,
> although if

Running ListFiles smb:// would probably be easier.

I'm not surprised you're having trouble with this. Windows is very fickle
about routing from the localhost vs. the outside network. It's recall there
are workarounds for this sort of thing but I don't recall exactly what they
were - installing some kind of loopback adapter perhaps.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.