[jcifs] jCIFS can't contact LMB when on same machine as LMB?

Kerry Kopp kerryk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 09:02:30 GMT 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 03:31:46 -0500, Michael B Allen <mba2000 at ioplex.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:33:36 +0000 (UTC)
> Kerry Kopp <kerryk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > - running "ls" in SmbShell also fails with the same type of error,
> > although if
>
> Running ListFiles smb:// would probably be easier.

Thanks, I didn't see ListFiles in there, that is less debug typing. :)

> I'm not surprised you're having trouble with this. Windows is very fickle
> about routing from the localhost vs. the outside network. It's recall there
> are workarounds for this sort of thing but I don't recall exactly what they
> were - installing some kind of loopback adapter perhaps.

Bleah, I hope I don't need to install the Loopback Adapter on every
machine...(assuming that it even works, that is). At that point, I may
just end up going native code to do the net enumeration, although the
idea was to use that whole write once thing.

Thanks for the info, and maybe someone else out there will have hit this before!
Kerry