[jcifs] Exception: More data is available (GroupManagement.netGroupEnum())

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sun Dec 5 18:33:01 GMT 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 08:27:39 -0600
"Rob" <cnei at usa.net> wrote:

> Hi there, my task is very simple: Enumerate Windows Groups and Users
> from Java.  jCIFS-ext could make it very, very easy to do.
<snip>
> I get a 0-length GroupInfo array when running against a domain client, or
> a"More data is available" exception when running against the domain
> controller.

Can't do it. RAP functions are limited to 64K of data. That's one reason
why they were deprecated after Win95/98/ME and why they were not included
in the jCIFS mainline.

We're going to use MSRPC instead but that isn't at the point where it
can be shipped for general use. It and Kerberos are what 2.0 is all
about. I'm working on it (very slowly) right now.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.