[jcifs] I have forgotten how to compile Java code.

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Aug 12 04:54:37 GMT 2004

Ok, I think I've been using Ant for so long I've forgotten how to basic
stuff.

I have a class file in an ndr subdirectory:

$ cat ndr/NdrLong.java
package ndr;

public class NdrLong extends NdrObject {

	public int value;

If I do javac ndr/NdrLong.java all goes well. But if I try to compile
another class against those classes I get an error:

$ javac -verbose -classpath . NetShareEnumAll.java
[parsing started NetShareEnumAll.java]
[parsing completed 181ms]
NetShareEnumAll.java:9: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class NdrLong
location: class NetShareEnumAll
    NdrLong level;
    ^
NetShareEnumAll.java:10: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class NdrObject
location: class NetShareEnumAll
    NdrObject info;
    ^
So what in the world am I doing wrong here? I think I need to break out the
"How to Program" book.

Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.