[jcifs] Re: [jcifs-0.9.6]

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Mon Aug 16 08:36:52 GMT 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:50:34 +0000 (UTC)
David Emo <david.emo at penbase.com> wrote:

> Eric Glass <eric.glass <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Your previous message was a bit vague; do you have an example of the
> > code that is generating the "access denied" errors?  This would
> > typically indicate that the account jCIFS is using doesn't have
> > permission to access the resource.  Are you running anonymously?
> >
> > Eric
> >
> > On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:21:52 +0000 (UTC), David Emo
> > <david.emo <at> penbase.com> wrote:
> > > No one to help me?
> > >

> Hi, i will try to explain a bit more. I only try to do :
>
>     SmbFile sf = new SmbFile("smb://myserveur/");

I think it's because the servername is in French. JCIFS doesn't work in
France.

Just kidding :-)

>     sf.list();
>
> The second line generates the "access denied" error. On my local network
> this server doesn't required any identification.

Apparently it does. What is the server? XP? Is the GUEST account enabled?
What is the client? Perhaps you have a null password? If so try something
like:

    smb://myname:@myserveur/

Do you have access to a Unix machine with smbclient? If so can smbclient
access? Otherwise, we would need to see a packet capture [1] to see what
credentials are being used on the wire.

Mike

[1] http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.