[jcifs] SmbAuthException The user is not allowed to access this server fr om this client

eglass1 at comcast.net eglass1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 26 05:32:11 EST 2003

> jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: The user is not allowed to access this server
> from this client
>
> I guess there is differences in how accounts' setup, but i have no idea what
> it is.
> Anybody have an idea?

I'm just taking a stab at this (Mike or Chris would be better qualified to
answer definitively) but try setting:

jcifs.netbios.hostname

to a "real" hostname; otherwise jCIFS will dynamically create a hostname.  It
may be that the account is configured only to be able to log in from a
specific set of hosts.  Again, I'm just guessing, but is seems quasi-logical ;)

Eric