[jcifs] SmbAuthException The user is not allowed to access this server fr om this client

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Sep 26 05:53:53 EST 2003

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 03:00:35PM -0400, Sokolov, Oleg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two accounts trying to access same shared folder. I can successfully
> map to the share using both accounts in Windows Explorer.
> But when I'm trying to use jcifs in java app one account does work and
> another keep throwing an error:
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: The user is not allowed to access this server
> from this client
>
> I guess there is differences in how accounts' setup, but i have no idea what
> it is.
> Anybody have an idea?

Looking through the SmbExceptions.java file I find that this error message
text is generated by the combination:  [ERRSRV,ERRaccess].  This error can
be returned by the TreeConnect, and by many other SMB messages.  A packet
capture would be needed to determine which call is generating the error,
but my guess is that it'll be the TreeConnectANDX.

Here's another quick test you can try:  Run the two apps on different
machines (with different IPs).

Once again, knowing more about the server would really help.  Also, it
would be interesting to know what client OS you are using.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org