[jcifs] (no subject)

pagu at pagu.at pagu at pagu.at
Wed Oct 22 23:27:07 EST 2003

hello,

our domain consists of multiple domain controllers where some are nearer (a few hundred kilometers) to the app-server than others.

if we use the domain-name for the jcifs.http.domainController property, authentication takes place with one of these domain controllers. unfortunately, also the farest controllers are
chosen for authentication. if this happens, the chance for exceptions (smb timeout) is rising.

if we use a single domain controller for the jcifs.http.domainController property, everything works fine. but if this single domain controller is not available, our application is in deep trouble ...

is there a chance to give a list of domain controllers for the property?

Paul