[jcifs] (no subject)

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Thu Oct 23 04:55:30 EST 2003

> hello,
>
> our domain consists of multiple domain controllers where some are nearer
> (a few hundred kilometers) to the app-server than others.
>
> if we use the domain-name for the jcifs.http.domainController property,
> authentication takes place with one of these domain controllers.
> unfortunately, also the farest controllers are
> chosen for authentication. if this happens, the chance for exceptions (smb
> timeout) is rising.
>
> if we use a single domain controller for the jcifs.http.domainController
> property, everything works fine. but if this single domain controller is
> not available, our application is in deep trouble ...
>

> is there a chance to give a list of domain controllers for the property?

No. But I think this is clearly an important feature so it will need to
happen. Considering your previous message and other observations
surrounding the ssnLimit property in recent days, a suitable solution
might be to create new transports to a different domain controller when
the ssnLimit is reached. That would address both issues. I will look at it
as soon as I get a chance.

A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are
conceptually similar and, more  important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.