[jcifs] Using JCIFS with JRun 4

Michael B.Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri Mar 28 05:45:06 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:17:00 +0800
"Jason Bainbridge" <jason.bainbridge at bms.net.au> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response. :-)
>
> I was suspecting something along the lines as what you suggested, so I
> have already tried using an external web server (IIS 5.0). This gave me a
> little more joy but I think the plugin wasn't passing through the
> authentication details as it would always prompt for the Login information
> even after entering correct details.

That sounds like a problem someone else reported 10 days ago. It had
something to do with api_redirect.dll but I didn't understand the details.

> I read a post on Google that confirmed this and someone had written their
> own plugin that did pass the authentication information through but
> unfortunately they were looking at whether there was a commercial market
> for such a product and unfortunately developing such a plugin probably
> goes beyond my expertise.
>
> Tomorrow I might try the Apache plugin and see if I can have any luck with
> that, I'll also have a bit of a look around the web to see if I can find
> any information about getting JRun to accept persistent connections.

Do you have to use JRun? I was very impressed with Resin. That's what
I used when I wrote the original ntlm http auth code.

A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are
conceptually  similar and, more important, to tasks that have not
yet been conceived.