[jcifs] Using JCIFS with JRun 4

Jason Bainbridge jason.bainbridge at bms.net.au
Fri Mar 28 09:23:47 EST 2003

-----Original Message-----
>From: Michael B.Allen <mba2000 at ioplex.com>
>To: "Jason Bainbridge" <jason.bainbridge at bms.net.au>
>Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:45:06 -0500
>Subject: Re: [jcifs] Using JCIFS with JRun 4

> On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:17:00 +0800

> That sounds like a problem someone else reported 10 days ago. It had
> something to do with api_redirect.dll but I didn't understand the
> details.

I am hoping the Apache plugin is going to save the day when I get to work
this morning, either that or I might be able to use GetRemoteUser just by
using IIS's built in authentication.

> Do you have to use JRun? I was very impressed with Resin. That's what
> I used when I wrote the original ntlm http auth code.

Yes, unfortunately I don't have a choice as a lot of our clients have
already purchased JRun and getting them to swap to a free alternative
wouldn't go down too well. Personally I'd like to see us use Tomcat
exclusively as it is more than adequate for the purposes of our
application and the load it gets put under.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Regards,
Jason