[jcifs] Using JCIFS with JRun 4

Jason Bainbridge jason.bainbridge at bms.net.au
Thu Mar 27 22:17:00 EST 2003

Thanks for the quick response. :-)

I was suspecting something along the lines as what you suggested, so I
have already tried using an external web server (IIS 5.0). This gave me a
little more joy but I think the plugin wasn't passing through the
authentication details as it would always prompt for the Login information
even after entering correct details.

I read a post on Google that confirmed this and someone had written their
own plugin that did pass the authentication information through but
unfortunately they were looking at whether there was a commercial market
for such a product and unfortunately developing such a plugin probably
goes beyond my expertise.

Tomorrow I might try the Apache plugin and see if I can have any luck with
that, I'll also have a bit of a look around the web to see if I can find
any information about getting JRun to accept persistent connections.

Thanks again for your help, it has atleast given me a few pointers. :)

Regards,
Jason