[jcifs] Need some suggestions on the problem I am facing...

Michael Dunston michael.dunston at oracle.com
Fri May 24 05:19:13 EST 2002

> > Hi all,
> > 	I am new to the list..  So far I have found jcifs to be a
> great tool to
> > integrate within the many tools that I maintain and work with
> on multiple
> > platforms...  However, in the process of integrating the jcifs
> URL handler
>
> Be careful with terminology. There is an SMB URL protocol handler
> used with
> java.net.URL  and  then there's SmbFile and SmbXxxputStreams. I
> suspect you
> are not using the "URL handler".

Within the JDeveloper extension api there is a set of hooks that are
required to be implemented to enable the "smb" protocol within the file
select dialog, etc... I have been successful with traversing the "smb://"
links under hotspot so this is something with the VM.

As of right now, I have written about 50 or so lines of code that just
wrapper existing functionality of jcifs to wire it up within JDeveloper.

Also, I am part of the JDeveloper team.  I have forwarded on the stacktrace
and how to reproduce to our VM team so they can attempt to fix this for the
next public version of JDeveloper.

I am interested in sending over the extension source to the jcifs team for
integration with the binary/source distribution.  Where should I start on
that process?